High Torque Gear, Zero Backlash Gearbox
The pinion has fewer teeth than the gear and is of parallel or tapered screw form. The gear is a face type similar to a hypoid-offset spiral bevel. Advantageous tribological conditions allow Spiradrive® gearsets to be designed with both members manufactured in surface hardened high strength steels giving excellent wear life characteristics.
- Wide range of gear ratios
- Catalogue range typically 10:1 to 100:1
- Custom design (subject to qualification) typically 6:1 to 250:1
- High strength and smoothness of action from a compact design.
- A greater number of continuously meshing teeth (than for a worm gear of similar size)
- Less critical mounting requirements than for bevel or hypoid gears
- Grease or oil lubrication dependant on load and operational speeds
- High accuracy and positive control towards a zero backlash gearbox
- Backdrive control subject to ratio